Board Nominations must be submitted by 11:59 pm Jan. 9, 2018. (Nominees must be current members of Kadima.)
Open seats this cycle: 6
Term Length: 2 years
If you would like to make a board nomination (yourself, or somebody else):
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “board nomination.” In the email, write “I wish to nominate ___________ to the Kadima Board of Directors.”
If you are a nominee, please submit the following to email@example.com by Jan. 15, 2017:
A short biography of no more than 200 words.
A photo of yourself
Brief answers (no more than 100 words for each answer) to the following 2 questions:
1. What is your vision for Kadima in the next five years, and how can your leadership contribute to this?
2. Kadima’s budget is about $200,000. What ideas, initiatives, and energy would you contribute to help the community reach this target?
Candidate biographies, pictures, and answers will be distributed to all voting Kadima members as part of the balloting process.
Kadima Board Member Expectations and Responsibilities:
1. Guide the overall direction of Kadima
2. Lead in organizational planning and goal-setting
3. Lead in fundraising efforts – make a personal contribution (as able), and actively participate in soliciting funds through contributions, grants, events, etc.
4. Establish and serve on committees
5. Approve and oversee compliance with annual budgets
6. Review and approve contracts, except in routine operational matters
7. Guide the work of the rabbi/education director
The board meets once a month for 3 hours, and 2-3 times a year for day-long retreats. The next retreat is Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018. Each board member is expected to serve as committee chair or board liaison for a segment of Kadima’s
work. Board members can expect to spend an average of 2 hours a week on board duties, in addition to the board meetings. Officers generally spend additional time on their duties. Board membership takes work, but it’s also rewarding – and we’re a fun group to be with!
If you are potentially interested in running or want to find out more information about the board, we encourage you to contact:
Secretary Karen Wolkofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Treasurer Sarah Tuttle (email@example.com).
We welcome your interest!
Our current board includes:
Terms expire January 2018: Doug Brown, Suzie Hellerstein, Sima Kahn, Jonathan Rosenblum, Karen Wolkofsky
Terms expire January 2019: Sarah Tuttle, Simone Adler, Kim Berman, Julianna Alson, Steve Hirsh, and Lauren Plawner